There is a separate unit of N.S.S. in which there are 300 students. They play roles like group leaders and volunteers and handle numerous activities independently under the guidance of NSS programme officer.
Help through N.S.S. Unit:
- Repairing of the village road
- Tree plantation
- Superstition eradication
- Campaign against defecation (total sanitation)
- The Dispute Free Village Campaign
- Socio-economic survey of the village
- Health awareness through Yoga Camps
- Blood donation camp
- Determination of blood group of primary school children
- Water & soil analysis and its conservation.
- Study of the local flora & fauna
- GPS & Historical Survey of the village
- Digging of the soak pits
NSS is the extra-curricular activity organized by BYK College under the supervision of SPPU, Pune. NSS Special Camp on the occasion of 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi and 125th anniversary of Swami Vivekanand’s Speech at Chicago organised jointly by the G.E. Society’s B.Y.K. College of Commerce and Sir Dr. M.S. Gosavi College of Commerce, Nashik. There were 102 volunteers present for the camp. Cleanliness of village, BMI check up of ZPPS students, Socio-economic Survey of villagers, publicity of government schemes etc. work was done during the camp period.
Dr. H. P. Wangarwar, Prof. Mrs. Sangeeta More were present as the Programme officer, Prof. Pankaj Bawne, Prof. Pradeep More, Prof. Rushikesh Pathak were present as committee member.