Student Welfare Committee
Students Welfare Committee had organized a workshop on ‘Personality Development’ for the girl students of the college on 28th Feb 2011. The workshop focused on the theme ‘Women Empowerment’. The resource person invited was Dr. Anjali Kulkarni, Principal, Bordi.
‘Remedial Teaching Programme’ in the subject of English
The Department of English conducted a Remedial Teaching Programme in the month of February 2011. The Programme focused on developing basic language skills i.e. reading, writing, listening, speaking skills in the students. The programme received a very positive feedback and overwhelming response from the students. Prof. Mrs. S.H. Amrutre, Prof. Ms. G. Gite, Prof. S.N. Bagul took special efforts to make the course in Remedial Teaching in English Successful.
Soft Skill Development Programme
A 10 Day Soft Skills Development Programme from 4th January to 14th January, 2011 as per the guidelines of University of Pune was conducted. The programme included sessions conducted on various aspects of soft skills and personality development. Lectures were delivered by experts in the field. More than 80 students-both boys and girls participated.
‘Vidyarhini Manch’ is a forum established for the holistic development of girl students. The following activities were conducted during the academic year 2010-2011:
- ‘Vidyarthini Manch’ was inaugurated at the hands of Mrs.Asha Patil, on 21st August2010.She is an eminent teacher and a recipient of Rashtrapati Award. She enlightened students on ‘Women Empowerment’.
- A lecture was delivered by Prof.Dr.S.M.Zambare on ‘Saint Ramdas’28th August 2010.
- Dr. Shraddha Walvekar a leading gynecologist enlightened the girls on pre-natal counseling on 4th December 2010.
- A video show ‘Jago Bharat Jago’ was arranged on 31st 2010.
- Adv. Indrayani Patni, a senior advocate enlightened students on ‘Women & Law’ on 14 th January 2011.
- An Essay writing competition was arranged for girls on women related issues
Computer & Internet Access
Computer & internet access already exists for teachers & students in library & in computer department. Teachers are provided free access to internet for unlimited hours. Increase in terminals for internet establishing new computer lab.
A meeting of the Alumni Association was conducted on 30th July 2010.
Medical check Up of F.Y.B.Com./ F.Y.B.B.A. /F.Y.B.F.T. students at national as well as international level have organized interviews to select the staff for them. Companies such as Wipro, and Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited, and many more have arranged campus interview programmes at B.Y.K. College of Commerce, Nasik. The procedure of selection was rigorous, tough to select the best candidate which includes Written Test, Group Discussion, Spoken English Test, and Personal Interview.
Activities and support from the Parent – Teachers’ Association
PTA meeting was held on -30th July 2010. Parents participated in large numbers & expressed their satisfaction about the functioning of the college & Teaching community.
Activities of Career Guidance and Counseling Cell
The Career Guidance and Placement Cell: – it has now become a regular feature in our College to provide career guidance in a variety of ways. Some of them are display of information in the library and career guidance cell, conduct of workshops involving experts and user agencies and giving additional coaching for UPSC/MPSC Competitive exams.
- To build and develop inner strength among the students to face the challenges in modern globalizing economy.
- To strengthen right attitude and aptitude among the students.
- To provide career guidance and counseling and information of new opportunities in various domains such as Information Technology, Commerce, Sales Marketing, Banking Finance Insurance and many more.
- To provide placement assistance services to needy students. In the year 2010-11 till 17th February at the B.Y.K. College of Commerce, Nasik, some of the topmost leader companies with respectable reputation at national as well as international level have organized interviews to select the staff for them. Companies such as Wipro, and Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited, and many more have arranged campus interview programmes at B.Y.K. College of Commerce, Nasik. The procedure of selection was rigorous, tough to select the best candidate which includes Written Test, Group Discussion, Spoken English Test, and Personal Interview.
It is not enough to study a subject inside the four walls of the classroom. The students need to have first-hand knowledge on what is happening in the field outside. Respective departments of our College have established linkages with nearby industries and user agencies for practically enriching the education. Students benefit as this activity also paves their way for better understanding of the future workplaces.
- Linkages with industries like KVIC and NIMA are established to provide employment oriented courses. Courses for generating self employment are organized to motivate students to start their small entrepreneurial projects with minimal investment.
- Linkages with various commercial and industrial organizations have been maintained through personal visits to the organizations. Project work at UG level is an opportunity to establish strong linkages with industries and organizations.
- To foster good organizational abilities amongst students, many events in the college premises like Kavya Karandak, PTA meeting, Alumni Association Programme, Annual Social etc. are undertaken by students under the guidance of concerned staff members.
- To inculcate Entrepreneurial & Communication skills, Soft skill Development Programme is arranged every year in collaboration with University of Pune. Students are trained during these programmes in various aspects of Personality Development viz. a viz. leadership qualities, self- motivation, goal setting etc.
- To meet the challenges of globalization and international standards of education, a programme by British council was organized to enlighten students on opportunities of education in U.K.